POINT PLEASANT BEACH SCHOOL DISTRICT
POINT PLEASANT BEACH, NEW JERSEY
DISTRICT SCHOOL BELIEFSBoard Approved January 26, 2016
1. Student learning is a chief priority, directing all decisions impacting the work of the school.
2. Teachers, administrators, parents, and the community members share the responsibility for advancing the school’s mission through a safe and physically comfortable learning environment.
3. The commitment to provide a supportive and challenging learning environment will enable students to become confident, self-directed, life-long learners.
4. Curriculum and instructional practices should incorporate a variety of learning activities to accommodate different learning styles.
5. Students learn best when provided with a variety of opportunities to demonstrate their skills and knowledge.
6. Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process and apply their learning in meaningful contexts.
7. All students can learn and will be provided with a variety of instructional strategies to support their learning.
8. Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs, requiring differentiated services and resources.
9. Cultural diversity can increase students’ understanding of humankind.