POINT PLEASANT BEACH SCHOOL DISTRICT
POINT PLEASANT BEACH, NEW JERSEY
MIDDLE STATES COMMITTEE MINUTES
December 10, 2009
Members Present: Bob Callan, Terri M. King, Lisa Kitchenman, Carol Luccioni, June Monticello, Tom O’Hara, and John Ravally
1. At the beginning of tonight’s meeting, Ms. King informed the committee that this meeting and those subsequent would most likely be informational ones because much of the Planning Team’s work has already been done. She then took this opportunity to update the team on what has transpired since the last meeting. The following points were discussed:
Ø All objectives have been submitted to Middle States. Each objective contains all baseline information and projected percentages. The only information not included pertains to measurements whose baseline data will not be collected until June, 2010.
Ø Action Teams: a list of Action Team members for each objective was distributed to all Planning Team members, together with copies of the Minutes from their respective meetings. Ms. King informed the Planning Team that she would ask a representative from each Action Team to speak to the Planning Team at their next meeting in January.
Ø Concerning the self-study document, Ms. King informed the Planning Team that the rough draft of this document had been completed (except for the Action Plans) and that the final copy of the self study document would be available on line when the final copy is finished.
Ø Ms. King showed to the Planning Team a brochure containing all pertinent information relating to Middle states. This brochure will be distributed to all stakeholders (teachers, students, administration, board of education, community members, etc.).
Ø Ms. King reminded the Middle States Planning Team that the Point Pleasant Beach website contains all updated information regarding Middle States.
2. Ms. King publicly thanked the following individuals for their submission of data which will be included in the Middle States self-study document: Dr. Ravally, Linda Blumenstock, Sandy Pasola, Stephanie Gurgo, Patricia Knapp, Loretta Cozzi, Ed Hanley, Sean Ward, and Linda Feerst. She also gave special thanks to Deborah Gormley who has the monumental task of inputting all of the information into the self-study document and has been working countless hours doing so.
3. Mrs. Lisa Kitchenman presented information to the Planning Team Committee regarding work the Visitation Committee has done (or is planning to do) to make the Validation Team’s visit on March 8, 9, 10, and 11, 2010, an enjoyable one. She indicated that she will provide more specific information once the names of the Validation Team members are received and when she knows for certain how many people will be on the Validation Team.
4. The next Planning Team meeting will take place on Thursday, January 28, 2010, at 6:00 p.m. in the Antrim Media Center.
5. All members were thanked for their attendance and best wishes for the Holiday Season were extended to all.