POINT PLEASANT BEACH SCHOOL DISTRICT
POINT PLEASANT BEACH, NEW JERSEY
MIDDLE STATES COMMITTEE MINUTES
October 29, 2009
Members Present: Bob Callan, Margaret Dellraria, Patrick Hanrahan, Terri M. King, Lisa Kitchenman, Michael Landers, Carol Luccioni, Jerri Parlow, and John Ravally
1. Ms. King began the meeting by welcoming back the Middle States Committee to the 2009 – 2010 school year. She discussed what the committee had accomplished last year and what had recently transpired over the summer and during the month of September. Part of her discussion focused on the work of the Action Teams as well as reviewing what else needed to be accomplished prior to the Validation Team’s visit in March, 2010. At this meeting, Ms. King distributed to all committee members a list enumerating all items discussed.
2. The Middle States Committee reviewed all baseline assessments which had been administered prior to this meeting in order to collect baseline data. The attendees then worked in three separate groups to set percentages for improvement in order to reach each group’s respective objective. After the groups finished their work, one representative from each reported the percentages to every present. All members were in agreement with all percentages. Ms. King informed the committee that she would be forwarding Objectives 1, 2, and 3 to Middle States with the agreed upon percentage information included.
3. Ms. King asked for volunteers to head a welcoming committee for the Middle States Validation Team’s visit, and the welcoming committee was formed.
4. The next meeting is scheduled to take place on Thursday, December 17, 2009, at 6:00 p.m., at the Media Center in Antrim Elementary School.
5. All committee members were thanked for their attendance, and the meeting was adjourned.