POINT PLEASANT BEACH SCHOOL DISTRICT
POINT PLEASANT BEACH, NEW JERSEY
MIDDLE STATES COMMITTEE MINUTES
May 28, 2009
Members Present: Bob Callan, Terri M. King, Lisa Kitchenman, Michael Landers, Carol Luccioni, June Monticello, Bob Mulligan, Tom O’Hara, Jerri Parlow, Vanessa Rudd, and Stephanie Woit
1. Ms. King showed a PowerPoint presentation entitled, “Where we’ve been and where we’re going . . . “ This presentation encompassed all that has progressed since the Middle States Process began this year and what will transpire over the summer and at the beginning of the 2009 – 2010 school year.
2. The committee members worked in three separate groups to review their respective objectives which contained the recommended changes that were agreed upon at the April 30, 2009, meeting. Each group leader presented to the committee any recommended new changes to the objectives. The committee collectively agreed that Ms. King would edit/revise the objectives based upon the input from tonight’s meeting and forward the newly revised objectives to Middle States for technical review without holding an additional meeting with the Middle States committee.
3. It was discussed and agreed that if Middle States returned the objectives with recommendations for any changes/revisions, these would be made without the committee’s meeting to review those changes/revisions and re-submitted for Middle States approval. It was further discussed and agreed that once Middle States issued its final approval, the objectives would then be submitted to the Board for approval.
4. No additional meetings are scheduled until September of 2009. The members will receive notification of the date when it is finalized.
5. All committee members were thanked for their attendance, and the meeting was adjourned.