POINT PLEASANT BEACH SCHOOL DISTRICT
POINT PLEASANT BEACH, NEW JERSEY
MIDDLE STATES COMMITTEE MINUTES
April 30, 2009
Members Present: Bob Callan, Margaret Dellraria, James Ireland, Terri M. King, Lisa Kitchenman, Michael Landers, Carol Luccioni, Bob Mulligan, Tom O’Hara, Jerri Parlow, Sandy Pasola, John Ravally, and Stephanie Woit
1. Each committee member received a copy of a proposed District School Beliefs Statement. Ms. King explained that this document enumerated – in order of importance as ranked by the committee members - the school beliefs on which the committee members had worked during a previous meeting. She proposed that this draft be put in final form and included with the required Middle States documentation. All committee members agreed.
2. Each committee member received a copy of a proposed Profile of Graduate. Ms. King explained that this document included all information contained in the Educational Outcome Goals which the committee had reviewed at the last meeting. She proposed that this draft be put in final form and included with the required Middle States documentation. All committee members agreed.
3. Ms. King distributed a handout containing information that is required to create measurable objectives, as well as information enumerating the criteria for AFG objectives and Achievability and Appropriateness Criteria. A discussion ensued about this information. Each committee member then received drafts of Objectives 1, 2, and 3 that had been crafted as a “springboard” to engage everyone present in a focused discussion regarding the content of each objective. The members were divided into three groups and worked towards revising their group’s respective objective based upon the targeted areas of growth and the information contained in this meeting’s handout. After a lengthy session, each group leader presented his/her group’s proposed revisions to the entire committee. It was suggested and agreed upon that each objective would be re-drafted to include the proposed revisions/changes/deletions and given to the committee for further discussion and review at the next meeting.
4. The next meeting is scheduled to take place on Thursday, May 28, 2009, at 6:00 p.m.
5. All committee members were thanked for their attendance, and the meeting was adjourned.