POINT PLEASANT BEACH SCHOOL DISTRICT
POINT PLEASANT BEACH, NEW JERSEY
MIDDLE STATES COMMITTEE MINUTES
February 26, 2009
Members Present: Fred Adamson, Margaret Dellraria, Raymond Ellis, Patrick Hanrahan, Holly Harris, James Ireland, Terri M. King, Lisa Kitchenman, Michael Landers, Carol Luccioni, June Monticello, Bob Mulligan, Tom O’Hara, Sandy Pasola, and Steve Shohfi
1. Ms. King informed the committee that Middle States has scheduled the following dates for their 2010 visitation: March 8th (half-day), 9th, 10th, and 11th.
2. Ms. King apprised the committee of the status of the survey results. She informed them that the closing date for the community surveys and parent surveys has been extended to Friday, March 6, 2009, and that reminder letters to both groups were sent to these individuals on February 20, 2009. Ms. King also asked for four volunteers from the committee to telephone three community members, each, who have not yet completed the survey and to urge them to respond. The volunteers were Mrs. Kitchenman, Mrs. Harris, Mrs. Pasola, and Ms. King. Ms. King provided the volunteers with the appropriate information needed to make these calls. Mrs. Harris informed the committee that a group of senior citizens from the community would be visiting the Antrim computer lab on Wednesday, March 4, 2009, and suggested that they also complete the community survey. The committee agreed, and Ms. King confirmed that she will provide Mrs. Harris with the necessary information to effectuate having the seniors complete the community survey.
3. The committee reviewed the data which enumerated the results of the School Beliefs Inventory. Part of this review process involved comparing the revised Mission Statement of January 29, 2009, with the items listed on the School Beliefs Inventory. The goal was to make certain that the revised Mission Statement corresponded with the committee’s beliefs. After a careful review of the beliefs and the revised Mission Statement, the committee created a final Mission Statement. The committee members voted unanimously that the Mission Statement created on February 26, 2009, be submitted to the Board for approval.
4. The next meeting is scheduled to take place on Thursday, March 26, 2009, at 7:00 p.m.
5. All committee members were thanked for their attendance, and the meeting was adjourned.